A Study to Assess Whether Using Vaporized Marijuana Affects the Safety of Prescribed Opioids in Patients Treated for
This study will assess the clinical safety of the concomitant use of marijuana and opioids by monitoring the short-term side effects associated with combined therapy.
TO JOIN THIS STUDY YOU MUST:
· Have ongoing cancer pain
· Be 18 or older
· Be on a stable dose of oxycodone or morphine medication for at least 2 weeks before enrollment
· Be willing to give up marijuana prior to entering the study
· Not be a cigarette and/or cigar smoker
· Meet some additional criteria
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE YOU WILL:
· Spend 5 days and nights in a clinical research center at San Francisco General Hospital
· Have blood tests and other measurements done
· Inhale vaporized medicinal marijuana three times a day
You can receive $520.00 for participating
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (415) 476-9554 ext. 315
POSITIVE HEALTH PROGRAM OF THE UCSF MEDICAL SERVICE AT SAN FRANCISCO GENERAL HOSPITAL
|Remember we are NOT Doctors and have NO medical training.|
This site is like an Encyclopedia - there are many pages, many links on many topics.
Support our work with any size DONATION - see left side of any page - for how to donate. You can help raise awareness of CAM.