The left side of every page shows our main sections. We try to show the scientific justification if it exists. As patients our main goal is to help ourselves heal and survive as best we can. We all wish more studies would be done giving us useful information so we can make more informed choices.
We have separated out five main areas that patients are concerned with as follows:
1) Nutrition-this can include but is not limited to macrobiotic or raw food diets, juicing and the use of (organic) fruits and vegetables. Go to Studies, then Food.
2) Dietary supplements-nearly everyone takes some vitamins. Cancer patients tend to take antioxidants (Vitamins E, C, A, Selenium) Vitamin D, CoQ10, garlic pills, other antioxidants like pycnogenol, alpha lipoic acid, etc. Herbs are probably also part of this regimen.
Go to Studies, then Vitamins/Dietary Supplements
3) Detoxification techniques-like coffee enemas (see the Gerson therapy section for a complete explanation of a patient's stay there), skin brushing, trampoline-jumping, liver flushes, colonics, etc. Go to Treatments, then Detoxification.
4) Exercise-physical exercise at whatever level of capability the patient is at. Maybe it is walking around the room, around the house, around the block or around.
Go to Studies, then Non-toxic, then Exercise.
5) Mental/spiritual/emotional relaxation-this is a big area that consists of things like massage, yoga, prayer, meditation, visualization, and lots more. Go to Treatments, then Hands-on or to Studies, then Non-toxic.
Combining the above is most likely what patients are doing. In fact we very strongly believe that combination natural therapy is the best possible method.
There is also a subset of patients who have chosen very specific therapies to try. You can find out about them by looking over the section entitled "Treatment:Consumer's View of Alt Medicine".
We support the right of people with cancer to make the best decisions for themselves. We offer hundreds, maybe even thousands of pages of information.
Good luck. Remember there are ALWAYS survivors
|Remember we are NOT Doctors and have NO medical training.|
This site is like an Encyclopedia - there are many pages, many links on many topics.
Support our work with any size DONATION - see left side of any page - for how to donate. You can help raise awareness of CAM.