How to Identify Real Organic Food
Look for the USDA Organic Seal or the Words "Made With Organic Ingredients"
When you see the "USDA Organic" seal, you know that the food is at least 95% organic, does not contain genetically modified organisms, was not irradiated, and comes from a farm that:
* Employs positive soil building, conservation, manure management and crop rotation practices.
* Provides outdoor access and pasture for livestock.
* Refrains from antibiotic and hormone use in animals.
* Sustains animals on 100% organic feed.
* Keeps records of all operations.
* Is inspected annually by an accredited Third-Party Organic Certifier.
If it is a multi-ingredient product, it was made at a certified organic processing plant that takes strict measures to avoid contamination of organic products.
Products that are "Made With Organic Ingredients" are at least 70% organic and are also free from genetically modified organisms and food irradiation.
Thanks to the Organic Consumers Association
|Remember we are NOT Doctors and have NO medical training.|
This site is like an Encyclopedia - there are many pages, many links on many topics.
Support our work with any size DONATION - see left side of any page - for how to donate. You can help raise awareness of CAM.